CTRL Care specializes in adolescent mental health treatment in Princeton. Our therapists possess the experience to connect with teenagers and help them open up about their unique mental health challenges. We create customized recovery blueprints to help teenagers overcome their psychiatric issues and lead a gratifying adolescent life.
What Causes Mental Health Problems In Adolescents?
Mental health problems can have a variety of reasons and causes. Mental illnesses can also occur due to a complicated combination of factors, like:
- Childhood abuse, trauma, or neglect
- Social isolation or loneliness
- Experiencing discrimination and stigma
- Social disadvantage, poverty, or debt
- Severe or long-term stress
- Homelessness or poor housing
- Being a long-term carer for someone
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Domestic violence or bullying, or other abuse
- Being part of an incident in which you feared for your life
- Being the victim of a violent crime, etc.
Lifestyle factors, living environment, diet, drugs, lack of sleep, etc., can also affect mental health in adolescents. If your teenager exhibits any signs of depression, consult an experienced psychiatrist for adolescent mental health treatment in Princeton at the earliest.
Mental Health Treatment Options For Adolescents
Meeting with a leading psychiatrist for an assessment of your child’s mental illness can help you receive personalized guidance and a customized treatment plan. Our mental health assessment helps understand a child’s current symptoms, spot possible triggers and devise a treatment plan to best address their needs and recovery goals. Some mental health treatments and therapies we use in treating adolescent mental health issues include:
- Anger and stress management – Teenagers often experience a lot of anger and stress but do not know how to handle these emotions using a rational approach. We offer anger and stress management sessions to help adolescent children control their temper. We also use cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and counseling to help them manage anger and overcome stress. CBT helps children recognize unhelpful or unhealthy thinking styles and behavior habits and teaches them to consciously and deliberately change their thinking. CBT also helps treat anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, uncontrollable anger, substance abuse, eating disorders, and other problems.
- Counselling – Our counselor will talk to your child on a 1-on-1 basis about their situation and guide them towards making their own decisions. Counseling sessions aim to help teenagers find their solutions.
- Creative therapies – Art, music, and dance therapy are some creative psychotherapies that help children cope with emotional, relationship, or behavioral problems. Our mental health professionals use creative therapies that help adolescent children understand, communicate and express themselves in more positive ways.
Most Common Mental Health Problems In Adolescents
Generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, panic attack, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and PTSD have commonly reported anxiety disorders in teenagers. Some mood disorders affecting the adolescent population include depression, bipolar disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. We have the best psychiatrists and psychologists to treat common mental disorders in teenagers, helping them achieve comprehensive recovery and holistic wellness.
Get in touch with CTRL Care at (609) 237-0088. Our adolescent mental health treatment in Princeton can help you overcome your psychiatric symptoms and get a fresh start in life. Our personalized approach can help you learn essential coping skills for a fulfilling, healthy, and happier life.